May 24, 2012

GameMaker Studio - Release

A new version of GameMaker is finally released. I've participated in the betatest and so far I'm very pleased with the program. You can easily and fast make games without having much knowledge of programming, but you you have also the built in gml language, similar to C#, with which you
can take the gamemaking further on an advanced level. Together with my 10 year old son, I've made a Mickey Mouse game with sprites from spriters-resource.com. Together we've made almost 40 platform levels and my son builds his his own using preprogrammed objects, backgrounds and tiles. When it comes to the Golem game though, it takes some time when you want to polish the game to a professional level. You really have to understand the generated events well and much of the debugging seems to be about events trigging eachother. It could get complicated when you have dived to deep in parent-child relations of objects which could result in difficulties finding which object and event triggered a certain action.
The most important feature in this new version is for me though the ability to export directly to iOS and iPhone. I haven't tried it yet but when I do, I hope I can release testversions for you people out there to run on your mobile phones.

GameMaker website - www.yoyogames.com

No comments:

Post a Comment