September 12, 2012

Loveletters at dOCUMENTA(13)

Right now I'm in Kassel during the last week of dOCUMENTA(13). I'm invited to participate in Nature addicts Fund traveling academy. In the first days I've heard speeches spanning from queer bulldogs to microbiological life in the oceans. I have also seen some of the art, but not all, yet. Tomorrow we will be guided in some the works by three of the participating dOCUMENTA artists.

Artist and theorist David Link has made a replica of the hardware of Manchester University Computer, MUC, running a program from 1953,1954 generating mysterious lovletters. Noone seems to know who wrote this program or why.

Darling dear
          My heart hopes for your thirst. My impatient eagerness passionately yearns for your apetite. My desire attracts your sympathetic longing. You are my seductive sympathy. My precious wish.

 Yours Curiously
MUC

No comments:

Post a Comment