November 22, 2012

Lana Del Rey - Video games


Lana Del Rei Live on BBC Radio 1 singing the song Video games in a beautifully skewed kind of way. This makes me wonder if is she doing this with purpose, with a total control of the vocals or singing with a tremendous 'feel' or if she's not so good in singing but able to use her limits in a perfect way. No matter what, all of the above alternatives appeals to me, because I like all kinds of skewness making the end result far more interesting than if all the notes were perfectly hit. Or is it just me hearing this? I can't really say I'm musician enough to evaluate the qualities of singing. I can say though that I think the album version of this song don't possess half of the tension that this live version do, so why do music producers vacuumclean this kind of music from errors. The errors can be assets. That's why I like rock'n'roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment